You can either call us or e-mail us to find out what dates and times we have available. Or you can ask the nurse who deals with holiday dialysis at your unit to contact us. We will then liaise with your unit, and send them details of your dates and times, as well as the forms and medical information we require.
Norfolk Dialysis is now contracted to NHS England and all treatment costs now come directly from them. Your home unit no longer has to pay.
Booking holiday dialysis with us is simple although there are several requirements:
- you must have been on dialysis for at least six months
- you must have reliable dialysis access such as a fistula or line
- you must be able to transfer from chair to chair with minimal assistance.
Just like if you dialysed at an NHS unit we some require some blood tests and swabs for:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
These tests must all be negative, and taken within one month of your holiday dialysis dates.
We will also require:
- a doctor’s letter stating you are fit and stable enough to dialyse at an independant nurse-led clinic without medical cover
- a booking confirmation/payment authorisation form
Though Norfolk Dialysis will endeavour not to cancel any treatments we reserve the right to do so due to circumstances beyond our control.